Monday, September 1, 2014

Tanto Cuore

Happy Labor Day!

JDX is taking a break but I'll (Rami) will be working on this post today ^^;

This week the game we're talking about is Tanto Cuore. For anyone that doesn't know, this is a card deck building game with maids. It is similar to games such as Dominion but of course with the difference of maids.



This game has some mild/suggestive themes, so unless you're okay with this please don't continue reading. In my opinion, I don't see much wrong with the cards.

Gameplay

About the type of cards:

We placed the cards in mini bags. We like to keep each kind separated and keep the cards in amazing condition. We plan to get sleeves for them eventually.
  • Pink cards are love cards, the "currency" for the game. Any maid or event cards can be brought using love.
  • Green cards are maid chiefs. These have victory points on them. However, they can't be played during the game since they have no other effect other than points. Can be discarded for other maid effects.
  • Blue cards are general maids. These maids have a variety of effects depending on the card. On each one there is four symbols which represents draw cards, love points, play maids, and buy.
  • Black cards are private maids. These maids can be employ and will be out all the time. These never get shuffled in the deck. Only one private maid can be "active" at once. These maids can be used to help yourself or hurt others.
  • Purple cards are event cards. There are only two event cards in this game. They can be brought and used to harm others.
This game is for 2-4 players. Each player starts out with a deck of 7 one love cards (pink cards) and 3 Colette cards (green cards). The table is set with 10 types of general maids which are blue cards. The private maids are shuffled and only 2 of them are revealed. As a private maid is taken, another one from the deck replaces it. All the other cards, the maid chiefs, event, love are place out on the table. Set up should look something like below:


After this, every turn is basically the same until the end of the game. The game ends when 2 piles are emptied. 

Turn

  • Start with 5 cards in hand
  • 1 play (unless your maid(s) says otherwise)
  • Play love cards
  • 1 buy (unless your maid(s) says otherwise)
  • Discard all, draw 5 new cards from deck. Reshuffle discard if out of cards.
  • Abilities of private maids will state when they can be activated.


Example:

Turn
Start:
I have 5 cards in my hand.

Play:
 I play Ms. Genevieve who gives 1 draw, 1 play and 1 love. I draw a card, then I play Ms. Eliza who gives 2 love. She also has a ability of being able to look at the top card of either my deck or the opponents deck and choose to leave it there or discard it.

Love:
I play 4 love cards which is the rest of my hand. I have a total of 7 love.

Buy:
I decide to spend 6 love to employ Ophelia. Ophelia has a ? for victory points. Her description states that there needs to be a odd amount of Ophelia's employed for +2 victory points each. If there is an even number, then she would be worth -2 victory points each.

Discard:
I place everything into the discard and draw 5 new cards.


Simple right? Takes a bit to get used to, as well as strange saying about using love. As the game progresses further, the combinations can get longer.

All those cards in one turn...O.o (Could be more)
JDX and I decided to play this game while trying to get some good shots. In the end, the score was 46 for JDX and 59 for me. I had fun trying to steal his cards even though he had a chance to take a few of my good cards. ^^

End of game.
Thoughts

This game is cute with all the maids. I guess for those who don't like cutesy stuff wouldn't really like it. I was introduced to this game by my brother's friend. He mentioned how fun it was and eventually I found it at a store and decided to get the game. It wasn't very long until I realized, this is similar to Dominion.

There are currently 2 other expansions out. Tanto Cuore - Expanding the House and Tanto Cuore - Romantic Vacation. There is a kickstarter for Tanto Cuore - Oktoberfest which ends on September 14, 2014. We have placed a pledge for Oktoberfest as well as the other two expansions. Can't wait for that to come in. ^^ The kickstarter also has promo cards as well as other cool stuff.

Cost of game: $50
Highly recommend! (If you don't mind playing with maids)

Thanks for reading!


Posted by Rami

No comments:

Post a Comment